March Madness – it’s not just for the NCAA anymore! As we reach the end of February we look forward to March and a break from the less than desirable weather we have been having. Undesirable for many of us – I understand that there are some that enjoy Winter and the colder temps. March is a month full of fun, interesting and unusual events.
- American Red Cross Month – 70+ years ago March became American Red Cross month with people donating funds or giving blood to support the organization.
- Pi Day – March 14 or 3.14 is National Pi Day. Not the kind that is edible but the kind commemorating the mathematical constant.
- Save a Spider Day – Yes, you read that correctly. March 14 is also Save a Spider Day. Who would of thought such a day would exist!
- St. Patrick’s Day – The day used to celebrate St. Patrick, the most commonly recognized patron saint of Ireland. Often times used as an excuse to drink heavily, people consume green beer and feast on corned beef and cabbage.
- Spring Training for the MLB – Let the exhibition games begin!
- NCAA Basketball Tournament – Where the term March Madness came from.
This is just a very small sampling of the Weird Holidays in March. For a complete list, click here.
Weird March Holidays
- Earmuffs Day – 3/13
- International Fanny Pack Day – 3/14
- Awkward Moments Day – 3/18
- Kick Butts Day – 3/23
- Hot Tub Day – 3/28
March is known as National Nutrition Month. While this is a legitimate observance, some of these others may seem a little silly. I’m only mentioning four of the many strange food observances of March, more of them are here.
March Food Observances
- National Peanut Butter Lovers Day – 3/1
- National Crabmeat Day – 3/9
- National Potato Chip Day – 3/14
- National Something on a Stick Day – 3/28
So, while we are waiting for the warm weather we have plenty of holidays and observances to celebrate. Rapid Pest Solutions wishes you a Happy National Sauce Month. (yes, this is a real thing)